The trend of webinars started almost two decades ago, and it was initially a fascinating new way of meeting and interacting with fellow professionals. We have come a long way in developing the technology since then, and today it appears that webinars/virtual conferences/seminars will be the only option for professional meetings for a while.
With more businesses working virtually than ever before, webinars are now indispensable for professionals and businesses to share ideas, reach out to new people, and promote their products and services.
Webinars are highly interactive, draw your audience’s attention, and are great for generating real-time customer feedback on your business or idea. That being said, a webinar is not like hosting a video call or a virtual team meeting. Instead, it is a structured and process-driven exercise that could eventually affect your business. This means they need to be done right, or you could end up damaging your brand. This is where the need for professionally managed and produced webinars starts to become apparent.
What is a managed webinar?
A managed webinar is a professional service that takes the responsibility of the entire event, end-to-end, leaving you free to focus on your presentation and your audience.
- From infrastructure to ensuring technical requirements and attendee management, a managed webinar service gives you all the support you need to make your virtual event stand out.
- A professional webinar management service can provide necessary tools, and data to create awareness, generate leads (registrations), engage your audience during the event, and provide post-event analytics to measure success.
- A good, professional webinar management service positions your event as an “experience” that will be truly valuable to your audience, and encourage them to spread the word about what you are doing.
Event webinars can be internal, for key stakeholders and staff, or external. Either way, a well-managed webinar or series of webinars can help establish you as a thought leader in your space.
So, how do you know when to seek a managed webinar service? And what kind of support would you need?
Understanding the purpose of the webinar and what value you have to offer to your audience will help you recognise where you can benefit from the help of a professional managed webinar service.
- When you need a targeted audience: It’s all about targeting the right people for a webinar. To make it successful, you must sell your idea to those who matter. And there’s no better way to do this than having an expert in event marketing who knows precisely where to find your audience and how to maximize their number.
- When you have a great idea but don’t know how to promote it: An idea is only as good as its execution. If you have an outstanding concept for a talk or presentation, but you don’t know how to sell your prospective audience on it, your webinar is unlikely to be a success. With the right promotional tools, you can motivate your attendees to join your event and experience what you have to show them. A managed webinar lets you do just that, and more scientifically so, by using the right data and marketing channels and making your event the day’s hot ticket.
- When you need a customized event experience: The way people experience events – especially virtual events -is changing. With less in-person interaction, it has become more critical to ensure that their virtual experiences are equally interactive, personalized, and immersive. We can only make this possible when we hire an expert webinar management service. They not only have the infrastructure to host and manage but also have the latest tech tools. With features like augmented and/or virtual reality, AI-driven interactive features and a deep understanding of the online audience, you can personalize the entire webinar experience for every attendee.
- Making it count: You may have the best subject-matter experts and presenters lined up for your webinar. But to grab the attention of the busy audience you’re chasing, you need a managed webinar service to make their experience unforgettable.
Webinars are undoubtedly an increasingly exciting and important part of any marketing strategy. But they only work when they’re done right. Conducting and managing a webinar needs dedicated resources and a process-driven approach so you can monitor and improve the effectiveness and relevance of your events. If you cannot engage, interact, and resonate with your audience, all the effort you put into them will be wasted. A good webinar is like having a good conversation- talking to the right people in the right environment, so they take home their experience and remember it for a long time.